Won't need the grill for this BBQ!
- 2 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup BBQ sauce, your favorite (something sweet & spicy is best)
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes (About 3 medium)
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion (1 medium-sized onion)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (about half a bunch)
- 12 of our Plain Flour Tortillas
- 12 ounces Coon Aussie Jack Cheese (Grated)
- chopped scallions to sprinkle on top (optional)
Preheat oven to 400ºF
Cook the Chicken Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken breasts and cook, undisturbed for 7 minutes on one side. Turn and cook on the other side about 7-8 minutes more (until chicken is no longer pink when you cut into the thickest part). Remove from heat. Using two forks and pulling in opposite directions, shred chicken. Put shredded chicken into a bowl, toss it with the BBQ sauce and set aside.
While the chicken is cooking, mix the chopped tomatoes, onion and cilantro in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
Set up your work area with the tortillas to your left and three bowls of fajita fillings; the chicken, the tomato mixture, and the cheese next. Have a rectangular glass baking dish to your right, near the toothpicks. Use tongs to put some chicken in the center of a tortilla (about ½ cup), put a heaping spoonful of the tomato mixture on top of the chicken. Then sprinkle on the cheese (about 3 tablespoons). Make an envelope for the filling by folding over the sides first and then rolling up and securing with a toothpick.
Place rolls in a large glass baking dish. (10-12 fajitas depending on how you stuff them)
Bake for 12-14 minutes until the cheese melts. Serve with cilantro or chopped scallions sprinkled on top. Enjoy!